The focus of the new UZH Journal is devoted to Alexander von Humboldt. In honor of his 250th birthday, we’ve asked five UZH researchers from various disciplines about the significance of Humboldt for their area of research – and whether he, as a person and a scientist, is still a role model. German studies scholar Ulrike Zeuch, linguistics researcher Johannes Kabatek, botanist Colin Hughes, geographer Christian Huggel and paleontologist Marcel Sánchez give their perspectives.
In this issue you can also find out about:
- The Strategic Principles that will set the course for UZH’s future development
- How Deputy President Gabriele Siegert and Vice President Finances and Human Resources Stefan Schnyder view the results of the employee survey carried out in the summer
- How the Executive Board of the University is helping new professors to settle into their roles
- The measures and ideas that the two Open Science delegates at UZH want to use to bring about cultural change
- Why social media was underused in the recent national elections
As always, selected articles are available online in English.
Die Redaktion behält sich vor, Kommentare nicht zu publizieren. Unberücksichtigt bleiben insbesondere anonyme, ehrverletzende, rassistische, sexistische, unsachliche oder themenfremde Kommentare sowie Beiträge mit Werbeinhalten.